All entities get old, and nothing can escape from wearing out over time. For instance, furniture wears out with cracked ends and dull colour or old looking wood as time passes by. Though it can’t be completely mitigated, with a few techniques, old furniture can be refurbished to make it look like new. The right upholstery fabric Brisbane.
At Brisbane Upholstery, we believe that your old furniture needn’t be tossed off and can be repaired. You can get it re-polished and renovated to make it fit in your household or workplace.
What are the techniques to make your furniture withstand the passage of time?
1. Wooden furniture looks royal and antique. They can fit into any theme of the household and stand out with the craftsmanship of the carpenter. As time passes by, wood tends to wear out and lose its charm and appeal. In such cases, it isn’t a wise option to consider it rubbish and get rid of it. Buying new wooden furniture can prove to be very heavy on your pocket. It’s also true that antique pieces use very high-quality wood in terms of tensile strength and durability. One mustn’t disregard the quality of material based just on looks and appeal. The latter can be corrected, but finding the incredibly good quality isn’t an easy deal. Re-polishing wooden furniture can get the zeal and charm of antiques back. At Brisbane Upholstery, we repair and re-polish your antiques to get the sparkle back and slow down the wearing out process of wood
2. Lounge furniture has fabric as an outer covering. This fabric can become dull over time due to exposure to dust and sunlight. It can sometimes tear or have cracks. Instead of changing the entire sofa set, just getting it reupholstered by choosing appropriate upholstery fabric Brisbane from our various catalogues can make your old furniture look like new. Choosing the right kind of fabric is very important to make sure that the lounge furniture matches the theme of the surroundings, hence looking good.
Reupholstering vs. replacing furniture
If you’re sentimentally attached to your old furniture or it has some memory attached to it; getting rid of it can be a hard task. Instead of replacing and buying new ones, you can consider the option of reupholstering.
Reupholstering is the best option if your furniture is structurally strong and only the fabric is worn out. For altering cushioning and comfort level, you can choose a thicker and foamy upholstery fabric Brisbane and the sofa can be made more comfortable.
Important Things to Consider
Before you jump into any conclusion, here are a few things to consider:
Is your furniture piece an antique?
Antique furniture often has very intricate detailing and expert craftsmanship. You don’t want to spoil it by taking drastic decisions. Find a professional who has expertise in dealing with antique furniture who can run the reupholstering process without harming the piece. The professionals are Brisbane Upholstery, have immense experience and have mastered the art of dealing with delicate antiques.
Which is the best fabric to choose?
First, analyse the space and surroundings where the furniture is kept. It is important to match the colour scheme of the room for it to fir properly. The fabric leaves the first and last impression on people. Make sure the fabric you choose doesn’t look cheap and dull. Choosing from upholstery fabric Brisbane, you get multiple options and the best quality. The fabric is not only responsible for the finish look of the furniture, but also responsible for the comfort level.
Is your furniture structurally sound?
Reupholstering is a possible option, only when your furniture is structurally intact and sound. With a sound furniture frame and worn out fabric; reupholstering is an apt option to make your furniture look fine again.
Ways to check if your furniture is apt for reupholstering
Before you jump into choosing upholstery fabric Brisbane, it is important to observe your furniture and be certain of working on it.
Here are a few ways to check:
• Check the wooden frame of your furniture. With wooden pins instead of metal fastenings, it’ll be easier to easier. If you have a fancy lounge or catalogue sofa set; for leather lounge repairs Brisbane, do a furniture frame test primarily.
• Examine the springs of the furniture frame. If there are rubber panels instead of coiled springs, it’s time to reupholster.
• Visible frames of antique furniture are made of teak or mahogany. They shouldn’t be touched in the upholster procedure; as it’ll change the integrity and the entire look of the furniture.
• Examine the foam of the sofa. Decide if it’s easily compressible or hard and firm. With the information, it’ll be easier to choose appropriate upholstery fabric Brisbane.
Finding a fine quality Upholsterer
You must do some research in the market and find whose work is the best and will suit you. Ask around and look for recommendations. Browsing online and looking at portfolios of upholsterers can be useful too.
At Brisbane Upholstery, we provide only the best. If you choose us, you can expect the best leather lounge repairs Brisbane and a wide variety of upholstery fabric Brisbane. You can go throughout previous works in the gallery and our portfolio.
The ultimate choice
Once you’ve examined all the options you have and the costs involved; you can conclude and decide what you want to do with your furniture. For some clarity, don’t hesitate to consult upholsterers and furniture experts.
If you want to preserve your memorable furniture, reupholstering is the best option. If it’s too worn out, purchase a new set.
At Brisbane Upholstery, we promise to maintain the quality of your furniture and refurbish it to look like a new piece. You can get the best upholstery fabric Brisbane and ensure your furniture stays new all the time. If you decide on repairing and not replacing, come to us.